Thursday, September 23, 2004

get your motor running, head out on the highway

I'm in a peculiar state, a heady mix of nervousness at writing a first entry in an entirely new medium for me, coupled with a feeling that I've left it long enough already. Having sod all sleep last night before cycling across central London at 8am hasn't helped any, either.

When I mentioned starting a blog to Jim from Where There Were No Doors he said my blog was 'way overdue'. Jim's not often in the habit of being wrong.

So, here's my blog then. I just thought I'd set it up and post something, anything, to get that awkward beginning over.

Let's hope Jim was right about this blog thing, rather than it being more like his finely detailed array of apocalyptic Millennium Bug predictions.

This is the way the blog begins, not with a bang but a whimper...