Monday, December 20, 2004

hosanna in excelsis

When I consider how my use of language has evolved in recent times, between them blogging and Buffy have a lot to answer for. I'm sure my articles used to be strident, serious, forthright and focussed.

I've just published Hosanna In Excelsis, a chatty semi-comic piece full of personal anecdote and reference to earlier writings. If that's not a blog post I don't know what is, yet still I feel that as a warm anti-montheistic piece its natural home is on Julian Cope's site.

It's about how the incomprehensible antiquated terminology used in Christian Christmas stuff like carols is really positive, cos if we don't know what the fuck they're on about we can hardly get converted to their religion.

'Lo he abhors not the virgin's womb'?

'Gloria, hosanna in excelsis'?

What the fuck is any of that about?

Go have a shufty if you're interested.

For another article I wrote about Christmas festivities, go here. Till se en avkorta version om skrift i Svensk, klick här!

No comments: